It was available on the iOS App Store and Google Play… at least until Apple discontinued support for 32bit apps. I also released a version for the Ouya, as it was Android-based. That was possibly the best version, as it had a proper controller, although that is no longer available either… It’s quite sad how much software is just disappearing as digital platforms change or shut down.
‘Skyriders’ was a mostly-solo indie project that I developed after Little Acorns.
The game was made with the Marmalade SDK, which no longer exists – so updating for 64bit is non a non-trivial job. Maybe there’ll be a sequel one day, probably built in Unity…
It was an into-the-screen platform/racing style game, inspired by old classics such as Trailblazer, Sky Roads, and STUN Runner. Pilot a small spacecraft along crazy tracks in space, dodging and jumping obstacles, whilst trying to maintain a high speed by collecting the glowing stars and hitting the boost pads!
Keep the boost streak going for massive scores and flawless runs – but you’ll need some well-timed switching between red and yellow to grab the matching stars! Can you master the increasingly challenging stages, get the gold medal scores, and climb those leaderboards?
* Simple controls (choose from tilt-to-steer or on-screen buttons)
* 40 levels over 5 varied zones
* Game Center leaderboards and achievements
* Ship upgrades, to help you earn even bigger scores
* Universal App, supports iPhone 3GS/iPad 1 and above.
* Super smooth 60 frames/second gameplay (on newer devices)
* No in-app purchases! Buy once, play forever!